Saturday, July 18, 2009

Alert and a Petition for Canadian Waiting Families


I received an e-mail from my good friend Rhonda about a tragic situation that happened to a couple that she knows. Evidently their adoption agency went bankrupt and left them possibly with nothing, no hope for refunding their money or providing a referral.

I know that in the US, you can migrate to another agency. You may have to re-pay some fees and get a new homestudy, but you are not back at ground zero. It looks like in this case, this couple may have lost everything.

That is not right and should never happen to anyone. Please read the e-mail below and sign the petition. This needs to be stopped.

Below is Rhonda's e-mail. I'm sure she won't mind me putting it on here because she's cool about things like that.

I was wondering if you could do me a favour? Dear friends of ours were blindsided this week when their adoption agency went bankrupt. They have lost over $15K, but that's besides the point. They have lost the chance to adopt their child. They were roughly a month away from their referral for a child from Africa, and now with the bankruptcy, they don't know if the adoption can or will continue.

I was wondering if you could post something on your blog. Since you have a rather large readership, I was hoping you could post a link to the petition site.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/SaveOurDreamofAdoptingInternatio/

Let me know, thanks!

--
Rhonda
(littlemaple.blogspot.com)
LID-September 13/06

6 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I know the family in question... what a most awful situation to every happen... at least come other company could take over their case... I hope it works out for them...

Jewels of My Heart said...

on my way to sign.... it just makes me sick at how difficult it is to bring your child home! We have so many orphans in the world.... it just shouldn't be this hard to make them an orphan no more and welcome them into their loving family.

Holly said...

I will sign the petition.
This is just wrong. Praying that God will restore what has been stolen from them.

Rhonda said...

Thanks so much for posting this!

Keisha said...

Thank you for sharing their story! I've never heard of such! That is terrible. I can not imagine being that close to your child & then the rug being pulled out from under you!!

Cindy said...

What a horrible thing that has happen. Thanks for posting.