Tell me why you chose your blog name, your post name or a certain photo or graphic that is on your blog.
This should be fun, I saw it on a friends blog 'My Life in the Kid Zoo'.
I'll share mine:
My blog is 'the seventh diamond' which is named for my daughter Sophia who we are adopting. She will be represented by a seventh diamond on my husbands wedding band.
My post name is redmaryjanes: I love maryjanes and red adds a little drama!
The ladybug header reflects that ladybugs are a sign of good luck in Chinese adoption.
For some of you, the blog name is obvious, so tell us about a picture or graphic!
Saturday, March 24, 2007
I am so happy for you Jane. You have been such a great example to me of grace in difficult times. I can't wait to see your referral photos!
Jane's blog is 'Much Ado' if you would like to post a comment. It is on my favorite blogs list.
I met Rachael during the Ultimate Blog Party. She has a wonderful family. She and her husband left last night to finalize the adoption of their daughter Katya in Russia. Rachael's blog is 'Always Wanted Four'.
Friday, March 23, 2007
1. Can you cook? Yes, I love to cook and bake. I enjoy watching the food channel and trying new recipes. Paula Dean is my hero!!
2. What was your dream growing up? I wanted to be a fashion model who was also a nurse.
3. What talent do you wish you had? I wish I could play the piano.
4. Favorite place? I love my home, right here on the lake, in the summertime, smelling the air coming in off of the water.
5. Favorite vegetable? Asparagus.
6. The last book you read? The Preacher's Daughter by Beverly Lewis
7. What zodiac sign are you? Libra
8. Any Tattoos and / or Piercings? No tats, chickened out. I have my ears pierced.
9. Worst Habit? I crack my knuckles-terrible habit.
10. Do we know each other outside of this blog? I haven't met any of my blogfriends-hope to change that soon.
11. What is your favorite sport? Volleyball
12. Negative or Optimistic attitude? Usually positive.
13. What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator? Call for help.
14. Worst thing to ever happen to you? My Mom passing away.
15. Tell me a weird fact about you: I love the water, but don't enjoy swimming.
16. Do you have any pets? Cooper is our black lab and Spice is our cat.
17. Do you know how to do the Macarena? Yes, I love to dance.
19. Do you think clowns are cute or scary? Some are cute/some are scary.
20. If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be? I would be 20 pounds lighter.
21. What color eyes do you have? Brown
22. Ever been arrested? No.
23. Bottle or Draft? I'm not a beer drinker.
24. If you won $10,000 dollars today, what would you do with it? Pay our adoption expenses.
25. What kind of bubble gum do you prefer to chew? Orbit.
26. Which is your favourite bar to hang at? I don't hang out in bars.
27. Do you believe in ghosts? Yes.
28. Favorite thing to do in your spare time? I enjoy spending time with my family, scrapbooking, blogging and reading.
29. Do you swear a lot? Not really.
30. Favorite swear word? Hmm..don't have one.
31. Biggest pet peeve? When people don't follow through.
32. In one word, how would you describe yourself? Mother.
I just love the quote on here, but it's difficult to see. It defines PATIENCE as,"To Wait With Certainty-The Art of Allowing Life to Carry You.
So many of us are waiting for our children. I think that it is outstanding how all of us are so connected here and support one another.
Liz has almost reached her dream. She is waiting for final TA from China.
I can tell from her post today that she is getting anxious.
My prayers are with you Liz!
Liz's blog is 'My Red Thread to Ava Grace YaHan'. Feel free to vistit her blog-it's a lot of fun and offer her a word of encouragement.
Thursday, March 22, 2007
I was getting into the shower last night when I noticed this written on the side of the bathtub. Tyler took one of Eli's bathtub crayons and wrote a little love note to me and Tim. This is so very precious to me.
P.S. Our tub really is clean, the picture came out dark...
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Happy Birthday to my dear friend Elizabeth. When I was first looking for information on International Adoption, Elizabeth's blog was one of the first ones I found. She was my first friend in blogland. She wrote amazing posts, I still check her blog everyday. She also encouraged me to start a blog of my own. She read my first post and was my very first comment. She taught me how to link a blog to mine and was my first entry on my favorite blogs list. Thank you Elizabeth for introducing me to to this wonderful hobby and source of information. I am so glad to know you! I hope you have an amazing Birthday!
Elizabeth's blog is 'thedragonflyandladybug'.
Thank you so much Liz!
Liz's blog is 'My Red Thread to Ava Grace YaHan'.
Monday, March 19, 2007
Thank you so much Melinda and Scott! These two fabric squares are from Tim's lovely cousin Melinda and her husband Scott. She graduates this Spring and will be a Veterinarian. Their wish for Sophia is " We wish for you to have an appreciation and compassion for all creatures, and that your heart knows the love of a special pet".
Sunday, March 18, 2007
I love Sundays! We just got home from church which we really enjoy because all of our neighbors go to the same church and we get to see each other and worship together.
Tyler, Katelyn and I are going to watch our neighbor boy Colin in a play of Rip VanWinkel.
We are having brisket and cabbage today for dinner in honor of St. Patrick's weekend.
Then tonight hopefully we'll relax and get a little laundry done so we are ready for next week.
Have a wonderful Sunday!