Good Morning! I look forward to talking with everyone this morning. It's our family's last Saturday before the school year starts. Goodbye Summer Vacation! My father-in-law is coming to spend the weekend with us. It's our first time seeing him since the funeral, so we are looking forward to spending some happier time together. There should be a lot of boating, fishing and good food this weekend. I have been baking banana bread and cookies.
Ok, it seems really quiet now, so I'm closing the chat group at 11:30am today. I hope you all have a fabulous Labor Day Weekend!
Saturday, September 01, 2007
Thursday, August 30, 2007
I have been thinking about this for quite some time and I'm going to write it out. I hope not to offend anyone, but I'm saying it like it is for me. I am saying it for my friends out here who have been unable to conceive and who have suffered that pain. It is a pain that I cannot share with them, but I do share my friendship and my heart.
I am a biological mother of 3 sons. I remember exactly how I felt each time I saw that stick turn pink with the 2 lines. I was in awe, afraid, in love and thankful beyond words. I cried and thanked the Lord. I was a mother right then and there in my heart and in my soul.
Now, I will tell you exactly how I felt when I drove my completed dossier to my adoption agency. I was in awe, afraid, in love and thankful beyond words. I sobbed the entire way there and back and I thanked God. I was an expecting mother right then and there in my heart and in my soul, just as I am today. The feelings are the same, the love is the same. I just feel so much more helpless this time.
If you haven't already done this, declare yourself a mother right now. Do not let anyone take any of the joy and anticipation away from you as you wait for your child. Get out there and shop with those big bellied women. We deserve every gift and every baby shower. Our children deserve them too.
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
I was tagged by Secret Agent to do the 7 P's Meme. Below are some P's that mean a lot to me.
My 3 Princes
Verna at 'Families Grow Watch Ours'
Nancy at 'ASENND'
Rachael at 'Always Wanted Four'
Kelley at 'Chloesmama'
Dawn at 'Eggrolls & Chopsticks
Rony at 'The Ghelerter Twins'
Dannye at 'Laydfrog'
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Spice, Spicegirl, Puss, Princess Puss
Monday, August 27, 2007
I read this post on K1 and K2's blog '2 Kayaks' and I loved it. I decided to share it with those of you who didn't get the chance to read it on their blog, with their permission of course...If The Adoption Community Ran The World
- There would be no war because everyone would be too busy shopping for, wrapping up and sending out secret pal gifts, cyber shower goodies and post card thoughts.
- Had a bad day? No worries! When you arrive home, you will find 20+ messages on your answering machine cheering you up with inspiring thoughts.
- Had a good day? Great! When you arrive home, you will find 20+ messages congratulating you and making you feel like a million bucks.
It takes such little effort
to another human being.
- Laws would dictate that Waiting Mommies' Dinners were mandatory and restaurants would be forced to incorporate large, circular tables to accomodate everyone.
- Airlines would be made to offer rock bottom prices for travel to China and for travel within China.
- Airlines would also be made to offer free tickets to Waiting Families for Blog Parties throughout North America
- Free shipping for all referral gifts sent to friends!
- Employers would allow all Waiting Family Members unlimited Internet access throughout the working day and would encourage blog surfing and commenting during business hours.
- Banks would offer interest free loans for all Waiting Families
- The term, "Adopted daughter/son" would be axed from common phrases.
- Fun Dip would be free and would not rot one's teeth (okay, so that's not really an "Adoption Community" thing...but it would be nice).