Sunday, April 20, 2008

Emily

This post is taken from the Starfish blog. Emily's surgery was completed last Tuesday. I'm not sure if it has been completely funded. I will find out. If you are sponsoring Emily and would like to switch to another baby since her operation has been successfully performed, let me know.




Emily's Surgery is done

I wanted to let you know that Emily's surgery was completed this morning. I have not had much chance to talk to the doctors but they took 6 hours to remove the parasitic twin. The mass had grown on her back and into her stomach cavity, so they opened her up on her back above her buttocks and on her stomach. I am not allowed to stay at the hospital while she is in the PICU so I am staying with an Australian friend until Emily is released which will be another two days or so depending on what is happening. The doctors thought that the mass was one of the biggest they have seen compared to her body weight. They took pictures and I will find out how much it weighted tomorrow.
She has been so cute, since she learned to blow raspberries. She does that as soon as she wakes up. There is just spit flying everywhere. She has been so good. She slept well and the only time I have seen her upset is when she wants to eat. This morning she has not a happy girl because she wanted to eat but she needed to fast for surgery.
Life, Love and Laughter,
Amanda

6 comments:

Kim said...

Glad to hear Emily is doing well..

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Doesn't it warm your heart to see the kids doing so well... take care (will have to catch up again at some time...

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

She is so precious! Emily stole my heart right off the bat. I'm very excited that her surgery went well...and even more that she has someone to love and comfort her thru the healing process. Now she needs to find her forever family!!!

Paula said...

I'm happy that her surgery went well. She is a little doll.

Heather said...

Oh my goodness - I want to hop on a plane and go get her - she is adorable and oh what she has been through - God Bless Her. Of course I have an affinity for EMily's so she was the one who caught my breath as soon as I spied her:)

Thanks Kimberley for sharing this news with us!

How is your grandmother? Thinking of you and contiuing to lift you up mightily.

Love,
Heather

Jewels of My Heart said...

Oh I am so thankful...
Thank You Jesus!