Thursday, January 25, 2007

Boys on the Blue


The ice on the lake is now thick enough to make a rink. This is the first time in three years that we will be able to skate on the lake. Our next door neighbor works with us to set up a rink for our children. The boys were out today shoveling off the snow to expose the ice.


Is that going to be big enough?


There is outdoor lighting so they can skate at night and music. It's a lot of fun. The best nights are when our neighbors, old and young alike, hit the ice and skate together.

11 comments:

Beckyb said...

What a great time that would be!! We're jealous over here - no wonder you have a hockey player!!

Steffie B. said...

We have done that in the years past as well. Although I will admit.....I get nervous when the kids go out ont he ice. It is a fun time though!

Amy said...

Where are you living? It looks like fun, but I hate the cold! I guess if you have that kind of cold, you are making the best of it! My kids would love to skate on a lake!
- Amy

redmaryjanes said...

We live in Michigan in the US and it is mighty cold here right now.
My children would love to see Germany.
They check every day to see if people from other countries have come to see our blog. They think that is so cool.

redmaryjanes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Much Ado said...

Wow, that is amazing, I LOVE snow, and skating together with the neighbours sounds like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! That is so cool! What great GOOD, OLD FASHIONED FUN!!!

~Monica

Mommy Spice said...

This is a world I have never known. Wow, I'd love to be there. I'm in Texas, and we get excited to see frost on the grass in the mornings.

~Kristen said...

Wow... what great fun. I'm very jealous and wishing I had a lake nearby that would freeze!! If only the ocean had no salt??? hehe

TaiwanMommy said...

Looks like fun! I'm packing up the girls and coming to visit!!

gobble gobble to you!
Val

redmaryjanes said...

taiwanmommy,

Come on down!! I love a house full of people.