Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A Meme for Rachael...

10 years ago I was: realizing that my first marriage was over.

5 years ago I was: a single Mom, loving my life, fluorishing in my career, a month away from meeting the man I was to walk the rest of my life with.

1 year ago I was: remembering my Mother because today is her birthday.

Yesterday I was: spending time with my two youngest sons and understanding that I need to be with them as much as they need to be with me.

5 snacks that I enjoy: cheez-its, honey roasted peanuts, popcorn (kettlecorn), peanut m&m's and mustard pretzels.

5 songs I know all the words to: Crazy Love by Van Morrison, The Promise by Tracy Chapman, Lover Lay Down by Dave Matthews, When I Fall in Love by Nat King Cole, Somewhere Over The Rainbow...

5 things I would do with a million dollars: tithe, pay off my mortgage, pay off the rest of my children's college education, pay off all of our debt, invest wisely

5 favorite TV shows:1. Grey's Anatomy 2. Brother's and Sisters 3. Numbers. House 5. CSI

5 things I am thankful for: My salvation, My children, My husband, My education, My ability to sustain and take care of myself and my family if need be.

2 names I go by:1. Kimberley/Kim/Kimber/Mom/RedMaryJanes/RMJ/Betty in my bar going days.

2 parts of your heritage Irish, Danish

2 things that scare me: The thought of anything happening to my children, heights

2 of my every day essentials: Kisses and coffee

2 things I am wearing right now: I got a wish necklace yesterday that I am wearing on my wrist, my wedding ring

2 of my favorite bands/musical artists (at the moment): Rascal Flatts, Nora Jones

2 things I want in a relationship (other than real love): Partnership, Understanding

2 truths: Jesus died to save me, I have been blessed

2 physical things that appeal to me in the opposite sex:I like a tall strong man, hair

2 of my favorite hobbies: gardenging, scrapbooking

2 things I want really badly: my children to have wonderful productive lives, a safe world fot them to live in

2 places I want to go on vacation: egypt and ireland

2 ways I am stereotypically a chick: I want my doors opened and my bills paid.

2 things I normally wouldn't admit: my weight, my shoe size

2 things I am thinking about right now: Eli is upset about something, Tyler is at hunter's safety

2 stores you shop at: Target and Tuesday Morning

2 people I haven't talked to in a while: My little sister Andrea and my friend Carrie

6 comments:

Rachael said...

Awww. You're a good sport.

And I can't believe I didn't put "Mom" on my list of names I go by. I mean I hear it echoing all day from four little voices...what was I thinking! :)

Ashley said...

How fun! I love reading these things!

"M2" said...

have you tried the "Men in trees" show???
after grey's?
you'll love it, I promise

Nikki said...

It's amazing how much life can change in just 10 years, isn't it?

You're an amazing woman, RMJ, and I enjoy learning more things about you!

Kisses and coffee? I gotta have those every day too!

cougchick said...

Love this post!

Lori said...

I enjoyed reading this and learning a little more about you! :D