Sunday, April 22, 2007

Dinner with Steffie B.







This past Friday, Stefanie and I took the big step and met for dinner at Yen Ching which has been each of our favorite Chinese Restaurant for many years. We were both a little hesitant meeting someone we had met over the internet. But, it worked out to be a fantastic evening.




Over the past 4 months Stefanie has really been kind of a mentor for me since she has adopted before from China. She is able to answer my questions and calm my fears about our adoption. She has come to be such a great internet friend. I guess that my greatest fear was that when we were finally face to face, that we would be so completely different that we wouldn't really like each other and I would lose the person I really look forward to talking to every day. That fear was completely ridiculous because as I sat across from her, a comfort just came over me.


We talked for hours about our families and adoption. She is a very real person. It was like having dinner with someone I had known for a long time. The hours flew by.
It was also a lot of fun because we both know different members of the family who owns the restaurant and they were very surprised when we shared with them how we had met and why we were there.
Stefanie's blog is 'Never Too Many'. She has more pictures than I do, hopefully she's posting the one where the owner and waiter are posing with us.

Above are the two fortunes I got. The first one I relate to our adoption. The second I attribute to the Chinese New Year Dinner at the restaurant that both of our families are attending next year.

She also gave me this wonderful gift. The CD is one that she listened to while waiting for her first daughter from China named Sophia. Funny that I also am naming my daughter Sophia.
I love the bag, so I had to get it in the picture. The CD is wonderful. We have been listening to it all weekend.

I am looking forward to many more wonderful conversations and days spent keeping each other on our toes, watching our children play and following our diet!



22 comments:

Steffie B. said...

you are so sweet....I had a great time too....I'll be posting my pics in a day or two! I'm emailing to set up our next "Girls Night Out!" ;)

Jewels of My Heart said...

What a delight.... I talk about you all to my husband like you are my life long friends... I want to get together tooooooooo! Maybe one day we can all take our babies to DisneyWorld together. Woohoo

Beckyb said...

Yep, she's a keeper - only wish I lived closer too - you both are inspiring people - I'm glad I have you!!!

SARA said...

Looks like you two had a splendid time!!!!! How fun!

Kayce said...

What fun! I remember when I first met a bloggy friend for the first time...you just kinda wonder, but then it's as though you've been friends for life! Glad you had a great night out!

Unknown said...

Been there..done that..glad you had a good time..Just looking for clarification, do you send 1 or 2 8x8 squares for the quilt. I have seen 1 but then on my first exchange we sent 2

cougchick said...

Oh what fun! Glad to hear it was a success.

Deb said...

What a great time you guys had!!! Kindred spirits are the bestest aren't they. I wish I lived closter to some of you.

Dawn and Dale said...

I too was nervous to meet a good blogger buddy in person!

I met Catherine from Catherine's Chatter in January in Vancouver and it was like we'd been best friends forever!!!

This adoption community is really the greatest bunch of people there is!!

Blessings!

Dawn

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Glad you had such a good time! I love the bag too!

4D said...

Bloggy meetups are the best!

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing with the rest of us about your evening together! It was fun to read about! I know you guys will have SO MUCH FUN together in the days ahead, too!

Jill and Jaap said...

Great to meet other bloggers!

M and M said...

How wonderful that you met and had a great night!

I know I have been VERY lucky with meeting my bloggy friends - they are just a special kind of people!

Polar Bear said...

How wonderful that you two were able to connect. You seem like old friends.

Dannye said...

isn't it great to finally get to meet the ones we have "known" online...looks like you guys had such a ball!!

Nikki said...

So glad you girls had such a good time!
What would life be without our sweet friendships????

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Very cool! Glad you had a nice time with such a nice friend!

Elizabeth said...

When our worlds come together, it can be a lovely thing. It's interesting to see you both side by side in the photo I'm so used to seeing you only in cyberland apart.
A toast to friendship then!
Elizabeth, who is mentally raising a goblet of red wine, though in honesty is typing on her break from work (blog addicted anyone?)

Roy and Lori said...

How wonderful! We are glad you guys had the chance to meet! It looks like you two had a wonderful time.

Take Care!

C's Mom said...

What a wonderful time. I love meeting my bloggy friends.

Mardi said...

I'm glad you had a nice time! I know what you mean about being a little apprehensive. I met a bloggy friend over Thanksgiving and it was my first time meeting with someone I had only known on the internet. We had a great time as well and plan to make it a tradition to meet together each Thanksgiving.