Wednesday, April 29, 2009

God Is Calling My Heart to Uganda...Amazima

I met Gwen Oatsvall/The Oatsvall Team, a couple of years ago at a birthday party. Yes, we have a great friend in common, Miss Steffie B/Never Too Many. I so wish I had known when I met her that she would become one of the most inspiring people in my life.
Gwen has become involved in a life...an amazing life. There is a young woman named Katie. She followed the Lord to Uganda and is raising 13 orphans who she calls her children.

Not only is this young woman raising 13 children on her own in Uganda, but she is also feeding the local people and ministering to them. She is living her life completely in Jesus. When you read her words and follow her journey, you cannot help but long to do more and to be more. I just want to say that when I grow up I want to be this woman who is at least 15 years younger than me. She gets it and she lives it.

Please read her story and get to know this young woman. Start at the beginning, you have no idea how blessed you will be just by reading her words. If I had to list off the top 5 living people I would like to meet one day, she would be one of them.

I have felt God's push (as my good friend Sharon calls it) to become more involved with certain people. He puts them in my heart and whispers the need to serve them into my ear. I don't always know what He wants me to do, I just try to wait and hope that in the chaos of my life...I will hear and know what I am supposed to do. This is the name He is whispering in my ear right now.

click here to read her personal blog: kissesfromkatie

click here to see the official website: amazima.org

8 comments:

Kim said...

I am with you girly..
Who knows what the future may hold ..
I sooo hope it holds more babies in our lives..
Have a great week..
Love ya..

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

thank you for the website : ) I'm heading over there right now.

Anonymous said...

your heart is so soft, I never know what you will do next! God bless you, my friend!

Unknown said...

both of them are amazing, beautiful women

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I can say for a fact that Uganda has some incredibly wonderful children....and some incredibly wonderful people. Like this lady. God BLESS her for all she does. All of those children.....I weep to think of them.

Amy said...

Kimberley, your heart is so big. I admire you so.

I can't wait to follow the link and learn more about this inspiring young woman.

Praying for you as you continue to prepare to travel to bring your precious daughter home.

Mardi said...

I have been inspired by this amazing girl as well. My hopes are to become involved in her ministry as well. One of my main reasons for becoming a nurse practitioner is to use my knowledge, etc. for medical missions. Amazima has spoken to my heart as well. You never know, maybe we will meet one day in Uganda! :)

Calico Sky said...

I've lately been thinking a lot about how much better life really would be if truly centered around Jesus, selling homes & cars to move places where you can really make a difference. I can't wait to read this blog!