Friday, May 02, 2008

I am Starting a New Blog...


I have begun working on a new blog. Actually, Verna is working on it right now. I will always have the Seventh Diamond. This new blog is meant for the general public. I have been thinking about this for a while now. And recently I have been contacted twice by givingroom.com which is a site designed to support people who are dedicated to humanitarian causes and non-profit organizations. This new site will be linked to their site, but I am hoping that word will get out about it and traffic will come from all over.

My goal for this site is to be a resource for families who are interested in international
adoption, going through an international adoption or are interested in helping others by sharing their experiences with international adoption.

I will continue my fundraising for Starfish there and would be happy to post about and link any fundraising efforts that are happening in our IA community. Just let me know. I will not post anything involving an individual family without being asked to. I will post about things like the Love Without Boundaries Art Auction, current events regarding adoption in different countries.

If you write a post about attachment or a particular experience that I think is amazing and would benefit others, I may ask you for permission to post it on the public blog. You can choose whether or not you would like to be referenced with it, or remain private. I would never post anything there from anyone without permission.

No direct information about our family is going to be on this blog, but my blog will be linked to it. I am comfortable with that arrangements, as I am already linked to Laura Christensen's award winning adoption blog.

What I am looking for is a group of families who would also be willing to link their blogs to my new site to act as points of contact for people who have questions about adopting from a particular country. I know that the majority of us are adopting from China, but some of you out there are persuing other countries also. Also, if you have a fundraising site and would like to be linked, let me know.

I don't know if this will take off or not, but I'm going to try.

Let me know what you think,
Kimberley

10 comments:

April said...

I think it sounds like a wonderful idea. Once again...I don't know how you do it. You can link The Road to SiJi if you would like.

OH MY #6 said...

You can link me too! You continue to amaze me, Kimberley.

Lea

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Like everything you do...great idea!! I would love to be linked. Thanks!

Kim said...

You are amazing girly..
LOVE IT!!!
Have a Great Weekend..

Roy and Lori said...

Sounds Wonderful !!!

Kristy said...

You can link me Kimberly!! And if you get a chance can you email me and tell me all about this auction thing and what you are talking about donating things from our homes?????? I feel like I am so out of the loop since I started working. I would appreciate it very much. Good luck with your new blog.

Oh and I won't be at the chat again tomorrow morning, Astrud has another out of town tournament, so I am up at 4 and gone by 5 and won't be home until sunday. So God bless the chat!!! Tell everyone that I miss them ok.

Love and blessings, Kristy

ps I will go to Aprils blog and wish her a Happy Birthday!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

I think it's a wonderful idea! I would love to put the link on my blog but of course I will ask your permission. I have adopted from both China and Korea. If I can be of any help just let me know : )

This is the first time I have read your blog but we seem to comment a lot on the same blogs so I thought I would take a peek at yours. Sure happy I did. Sounds like you have done some amazing things.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I think it sounds like a great idea... can't wait to see the outcome... take care

Chelley said...

You are makning a difference!!

Anonymous said...

Such a great idea. You are such a light for others. Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog yesterday!!