Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My Inspiration...Chinese Starfish

This is the woman who inspires me to be something more and to do more than I ever thought I could. I know that she inspires many of you too. I'm talking about Amanda at 'Chinese Starfish'. I am completely in awe of her. If you are not familiar with her work, I strongly encourage you to visit her blog. She runs a foster care home in China where she cares for Chinese SN babies. She loves and nurtures the tiniest souls, searches for ways to pay for their much needed surgeries and is the one who holds their tiny hands as they go through them. She fills them with love and when they are strong enough, she sends them off to their forever families, but carries them still in her heart.

She is asking for people to help her children. She is asking for sponsors. Please search within yourselves and do what you can. Please help, one of these children could be yours.

Starfish Holiday Sponsorship!!
Holiday Sponsorship
Give a Starfish child the gift of love this holiday season!
Greetings from Starfish Foster Home!Help your loved ones celebrate the Holidays by sponsoring a Starfish child for 2008. This fantastic opportunity enables you to learn more about the children living at Starfish, while providing for their daily care and basic medical needs. All donations are tax deductible.We have designed several unique sponsorship packages ranging in price to ensure that everyone can give the gift of love and laughter this year.
Package #1 ($50)· Child biography and 4X6 photograph· 6-month and end-of-year child update
Package #2 ($100)· Child biography and 4X6 photograph· Set of 1 dozen holiday cards· Quarterly child updates
Package #3 ($250)· Child biography and 4X6 photograph· Set of 2 dozen holiday cards· Monthly child updates· Picture CD delivered for Mother's Day
Package #4 ($500)· Child biography and 4X6 photograph· Set of 2 dozen holiday cards· Monthly child updates· Picture CD delivered for Mother's Day · End-of-year video clip of child· End-of-year 5X7 photograph
If you are interested in sponsoring a Starfish child, please email
holidaystarfish@yahoo.com to receive information on the wonderful children in need of your help and a sponsorship form with complete instructions.
Happy Holidays and as always, life, love and laughter,

Amanda

20 comments:

Kim said...

Love the post...
I looked at some of her blog.. will check more out later...
She is pretty amazing..
Have a Great Evening..
How much snow did you end up getting?
Are you going to send us a list from our Secret Buddy's?
Thanks girly...

Lisa said...

Amanda is truly amazing. I follow her blog. When my dh went to China in March we had the privilige to do some small things to help. I would love to go back to China and meet her. To be a volunteer in her home for a day would be an honor!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

hey sweet friend .. hope the holidays are blessing you all ... i will have to check in on this person some day soon ... miss ya !!!!

insanemommy said...

Your friend sounds like an awesome person. I will check her site out.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I do love following the little Starfish and watching them get a family...

day by day said...

Thanks so much for posting this. Amanda and the work she does is truly an inspiration! I agree with Lisa-I have often thought of what a blessing it would be to be able to volunteer in her home for a little while!

Paula said...

What a wonderful woman. I will definately send them and email.

kerri said...

I can't wait to check out her site, thank you for posting this.

adele and dan said...

She is an amazing person. I will check out her blog.

3 Peanuts said...

Oh I know that blog. We are in the process of deciding our giving for the year. I am going to lobby for this one. It sounds GREAT! Thank you for making me aware of this opportunity. You are an angel!

Kim

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

Great post! Amanda is truly an awesome person!

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

cougchick said...

Good idea. I'll check it out.

Dawn said...

What an amazing woman. Thank you for sharing, I had not seen her blog.

Steffie B. said...

I'm going to check out her site. I've beent o her blog before, but it has been a while!

Have a great weekend!
Hugs

The Johnson Family said...

I have never heard of this, but sounds like an amazing ministry. Thanks for sharing I am going to check it out.

Leigh Ann said...

I am goint to her blog now...thanks for the info.

Christy said...

You are amazing with all the good stuff you post. I will take a look. YOu always point us all in the right direction and I totally appreciate that about you!!

Have a good day!!

Christy :)

Noemi said...

I have been reading her blog lately trying to read from the begining! It would truly be an honor to volunteer just for one day!

mommy24treasures said...

I have fell in love with so many babies from her blog, so precious. She is amazing and this is a wonderful worthy cause.
Love your colors for today.

Kim said...

Good Morning...
Didn't know if you were getting ready for morning chat...
But I have to go to work.. so maybe I will check back right before leaving..
I will be free the next few Sat. after this... YEAH!!!!!!
VACATION....
Have a Great Day..