Friday, October 26, 2007

Pay It Forward...


This post is about the things that I have personally seen and experienced.
I received a package in the mail from someone I have never met and have not gone out of my way to do something for. She did it to pay it forward.
I received more cards when my mother in law died from on-line friends than from any others.
My mailbox overflows with well wishes and gifts from the heart. I keep every card. They are all displayed above my desk on a board with ribbons that I can place them on. They are priceless to me.
I got a duck in the mail to remind that this is breast cancer month and how important it is that I take care of myself. I also saw it sent out to many other friends. The coolest.
I have been included in sending needed clothing to an orphanage in China, something I would not know how to do on my own.
I have been included in raising money so that a family can bring their son home from China. An honor. I feel so good being able to help. And I have noticed just how many other families participated and it is just a beautiful thing.
I see pictures of children from all over the world who need a home posted and women who have never seen or touched them, trying desperately to help them find families.
At every babyshower, women come forward and send beautiful gifts to others, sometimes to families whose blogs they have never seen before.
Each time I have needed help, advice or information...someone has come forward to help...every time.
In my life, I believe that your close circle of women friends is critical. I have always surrounded myself with amazing, intelligent women who possess some of the same gifts that I have, but also who possess the gifts I lack. I depend on them for advice, strength and true friendship.
I have also done the same here in my blog community. I am blessed by each and all of you. I have grown and learned so much about what it is to be a woman, a mother, a human being and a citizen of the world. I have come to depend on you for support, knowledge and friendship. You have never let me down.
Truly, I don't know how I'd make it through all of this craziness on my own. Thank you for the inspiration.

19 comments:

Dannye said...

you are such a wonderful woman I am proud to call my friend, you too are there for woman you have never met and you do so much for others without a second thought....RMJ thank you for being you!! We love you too!!

mommy24treasures said...

thank you for being our sister blogger! I looks so forward to seeing what you are up to regularly. I thank you for your friendship and just for being real all the time and sharing so much with us. You are a blessing to all you meet.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

That is such a nice post! I agree whole heartedly! I think you are the best!

Tracey and Mike said...

Thank you for your friendship. You are an equally kind and generous woman as those of whom you speak.

Kim said...

WONDERFUL POST....
You are an amazing woman.. I am soooo glad to have met you through this amazing journey..
You do so much for everyone else..
The blog showers & secret buddy are amazing.. Only YOU could think of something like that..
Can't wait to see what else you have on this amazing journey..
Hope to meet you in person one day...
HUGS GIRLY...
Kim

Mom 2 six said...

Great post -I have to agree. Some of the best advice I got in China was from MOM's who took the time to e-mail me support....
It is touching and amazing.

Anonymous said...

you have never let anyone in this community down!!! your sat morning chat, all the blog showers and the great posts. you have payed it forward as good or better then other's. you get back what you give out in this life and that is why you are experiencing good things. keep up your great attitude and being the type of woman you are. people depend on you...linda

Alyson and Ford said...

Thank you for all you do.

Alyson
LID 01/27/06

~Amy~ said...

You are an amazing person with a huge heart. Yes I've never really met you, although we were both at Steffie B.'s birthday party. hehe I love reading your blog everyday. You inspire me and I'm sure you inspire many many more people. You are willing to do anything for the people you love and that just makes me smile. You rock girlfriend! It's great to know you through bloggerland! :) (have fun at the rink this weekend!)

Michelle said...

This blog community certainly is a wonderful place. I am so thankful to have gotten to know other wonderful people on the same journey through this community. I pray the support continues strong. Thanks for all you do.

jennifer said...

Dittos here. That was a great post. I am better for having met you.

Unknown said...

you are truly beautiful and glad that you are a part of our journey

Unknown said...

I've been blessed as well. Thanls for the inspiration/

Steffie B. said...

Oh girl....you know I love ya! I especially love the surprise when we run into each other at Tar-jay! lol *wink*

Truly Blessed said...

I know you didn't post this because you were hoping for accolades, but you're seriously going to get them! Kimberley, YOU are the most giving and encouraging blogger I've ever met, and such a lovely person (lucky me, I have gotten to meet you AND your family in person!). It's no wonder people have responded well to you -- they're just giving back to you the treatment you share with others. You are the example of "paying it forward!"

Hope you have a wonderful weekend, despite the dreary weather (now THIS is like the Halloweens I remember as a kid!)

See you in Church tomorrow?

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

Fantastic post! You are an amazing person and you give so freely of yourself, it is truly inspiring.

Thanks for being you and doing all you do!!

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

insanemommy said...

Thank you for always being there for all of us. I have seen on my than one occasion where you have extended a helping hand to someone in need or for a celebration of sorts. You my friend are truly a gem. Hugs.

cougchick said...

you are a true diamond, K.

3 Peanuts said...

Kim--you are the instrument for a lot of this happening. You are truly a wonderful person!!!

Kim